Each Vegan Chef Challenge has a major impact on the city where it’s held, reaching vegans and meat-eaters alike! Many restaurants keep the most popular chef challenge items on their regular menu and even add more vegan options over time once they see the demand.
Check out our interactive map of businesses that added vegan options to their permanent menu.
Statistics from Chefs
- El Papagayo, Sacramento, CA Approximately 75% of their customer base are vegan diners. They had a minimal amount of vegan diners before participating in Vegan Chef Challenge events.
- Zia Bros, Albuquerque, NM Over 200 Vegan Chef Challenge specials were sold.
- Savage Goods, El Paso, TX Over 300 Vegan Chef Challenge specials were sold and all Challenge menu items had equal attention.
- Redeemer Community Cafe, Mobile, AL Saw 25% more patrons since the publicity from the challenge.
- Pho Fresh, Rancho Cordova, CA 25% of sales were due to Vegan Chef Challenge specials, and over 1,500 specials were sold.
- VEG Cafe, Sacramento, CA 20% of sales were due to Vegan Chef Challenge specials, and over 535 specials were sold.
- Nectar Cafe, Auburn, CA 10% of sales were due to the 2018 Vegan Chef Challenge. They said it was the largest single market response that they have received so far.
- Wild Rooster Bistro, Fair Oaks, CA Over 200 new customers to their restaurant and over 300 Vegan Chef Challenge specials sold.