Are you a chef competing in the Vegan Chef Challenge, if so you are in the right place. Here are some resources to help you get started and inspired.
Past Winning Dishes
For some inspiration here are the winning dishes for the past vegan chef challenges:
- 2022 Albuqeruque Best Dessert: Tres Leches Cakes by Tia Mama’s Cocina
- 2022 Stockton Best Sandwich: Thai Grilled Cheese Sandwich by The Downtowner
- 2022 Albuquerque Best Breakfast item: Hazelnut Chocolate Croissant by Blue Door Patisserie
- 2019 Santa Barbara Best Entree: Kabocha Squash Ribs by Uncorked Wine and Kitchen
- 2019 Sacramento Best Appetizer: : Vegan Lox & Herbed Cheese Crostini by Revolution Wine
You can also check out our page of Recipes.
Vegan ingredients include all foods except meat, fish, poultry, eggs, dairy, cheese, butter, and honey. Originality is encouraged! Vegan meat and dairy substitutes are great to use in your dishes. Here are some popular brands you can find anywhere.
Naming Vegan Options
According to this Guardian article naming menu items make a big difference, instead of naming items as a “Vegan Burger” naming them “Meat-Free Burger” is more appealing to non vegans. Check out this article on ideas how to successfully market your items.